Regulatory requirements will differ depending on which state you own or manage a business. In general however, you must ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of workers engaged to perform work by you, or workers who are directed by you, whether or not they are your direct employees.
As an owner or Manager of an agriculture enterprise you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Do we understand our OHS obligations?
- Do we understand all risks inherent within our business?
- Are the risks effectively managed?
- Is there a safety management system in place to manage all these risks? Are we aware of its effectiveness and committed to its improvement?
- Do we have a team in place that are appropriately resourced to effectively implement the safety management plan?